Share This On:
Hotel Chocolat’s placing valued the company at £167m, raising funds for the brand’s expansion in the UK and online.
The company, which has 81 shops in the UK, raised £55.5m through its listing on the Alternative Investment Market, with shares valued at 148p. Trading will begin on 10 May.
Of the £55.5m raised from the share placing, £12m will be used to speed up expansion plans, which include opening new shops and improving its website.
As well as its network of shops, Hotel Chocolat owns a cocoa plantation on St Lucia, which is home to a luxury hotel where a two-week stay costs up to £10,000.
More Finance/Business Stories
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s seamoss rebranded October 16, 2019
- St. Lucia Business Awards nominees revealed October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia government updates minibus sector on road plans October 15, 2019
- New recruitment company in Saint Lucia launched October 14, 2019