Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) is pleased to advise that from about 2 p.m. today, it has been meeting 100% of the electricity demand following a system shutdown this morning.
The power outage which occurred at 9:04 a.m. was caused by a major internal fault at the Cul De Sac power station. Power restoration to some parts of the island started around 10:28 a.m. once the fault had been isolated.
Initially, it was not possible to output the full capacity of the generating plant at Cul De Sac.
However, by midday at least eighty per cent (80%) of the electricity demand was being met, and by 2 p.m. the entire system demand was being met.
The Company expects to complete the repairs to the faulted section of the system by the end of the day.
LUCELEC apologises to its customers for this unplanned outage and for the inconvenience caused.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM