Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The six-member St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) Apprentice and Experienced Linesman team headed to St. Kitts on a clear mission.
The Apprentice team, winners in their division for the past two years, wanted to complete the three-peat.
For the Experienced Team, it was a shot at redemption after going down last year to Dominica. But alas, it was not meant to be.
When the dust settled, LUCELEC would have to settle for second place in both divisions. The day of reckoning on Saturday, April 20 belonged to ANGLEC (Anguilla Electricity Company Ltd).
The LUCELEC team competed against 17 other teams; 11 Experienced and six Apprentice.
The six-event rodeo was held under the theme, ‘Caribbean Linesmen Creating Connections; Strengthening Communities’.
A linesman in the Experienced Division has more than five years in the profession; the Apprentice linesman has five years and less.
Representing LUCELEC in the Experienced Squad was Tomy Adolph, Alpheaus Alexander and Voldon Hazell. In addition to the overall second-place finish, they claimed first place in three of their six events. For them, success came in the hurtman rescue, fuse cutout installation and HV earth installation.
The Apprentice Team members of Godwin Brice, Sherick Anthony and Nerie Joseph walked away with four event wins in basketball, hurtman rescue, HV Earth Installation and HT Fuse installation. It was a bittersweet end for Team Captain Brice who moves up to the Experienced Division next year.
During the presentation ceremony, CARILEC recognized four LUCELEC supervisors for “committed and dedicated service on the CARILEC Rodeo Management Team”.
Terry Popo, Lazarus Alphonse and Justin Small received accolades for their work in 2018 to 2019, and Michael Ambrose for 2015 to 2019.
The Linesman Rodeo was co-hosted by SKELEC (St Kitts Electricity Company Ltd) and NEVLEC (Nevis Electricity Company Limited).
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff