Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Shareholders of the St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) will receive a dividend payment of seventy cents (EC$0.70) for every share of LUCELEC stock they own.
The amount represents the disbursement from the electricity company for the financial year that ended on December 31, 2013.
That was one of the major outcomes of LUCELEC’s 49th annual Meeting of Shareholders held on Friday, May 9, 2014.
Shareholders from Saint Lucia and the Caribbean region mainly, attended the meeting that was held at the National Cultural Centre.
A presentation by LUCELEC Managing Director Trevor Louisy, that included a review of the company’s operations and updates on various strategic initiatives being pursued, was well received by shareholders, who took the opportunity to seek clarification from the LUCELEC management team on the Company’s operations and plans.
Among the items shareholders were asked to consider was the adoption of the Directors Report and the audited financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2013. In addition to approving all, the shareholders also registered approval with directors, management and staff for their stewardship of the company in what continues to be a tough economic and operating climate.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Solidarity gathering to mark swift conclusion of negotiations December 11, 2019
- SNL gifts lucky player with SUV this Christmas December 10, 2019
- OECS announces inaugural Sustainable Development Movement December 9, 2019
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019
- The Competitiveness Agenda for St. Lucia in its final stage December 9, 2019
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019