Share This On:
Leader of the Lucian People’s Movement (LPM) Therold Prudent has congratulated Allen Chastanet on his elevation to leader of the United Workers Party, noting that the policy of the LPM is to never consider its political rivals to be enemies.
“We in the LPM will never allow policy differences on how to run the country or the democratic right to membership of rival political organizations to become personal issues. At the end of the day, we are concerned about our country and which party has the better vision to lead it after the next elections,” Prudent said.
“In the months and years ahead, I look forward to proving that my many years of active involvement in Saint Lucian politics from 1982 to the present and the invaluable experience I have gained working in diverse parts of the world makes me, and the LPM, more worthy of moving our country forward,” Prudent added.
More Politics Stories
- Prime Minister’s official Independence Address 2020 February 24, 2020
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020
- Mary Isaac under fire for statements made on death of former councilman February 11, 2020
- Mayor to Cannabis Movement: “I am on board!” February 10, 2020
- SLP calls for results of gov’t investigations February 6, 2020