Share This On:
12:00 noon Weather Report
Date: 26th September 2019
Forecaster: Thomas Auguste
Present weather at Hewanorra Airport is partly cloudy.
Present weather at GFL Charles Airport is cloudy.
Present temperature at Hewanorra Airport is 30 °C or 86 °F.
Last night’s minimum temperature at Hewanorra Airport was 25 °C or 77 ° F.
Wind at Hewanorra Airport is blowing from the southeast at 09 mph or 15 km/h.
Rainfall in the 24-hour period that ended at 2:00 am today:
At Hewanorra Airport: nil. at GFL Charles Airport: nil.
Total rainfall for the month of September so far:
At Hewanorra Airport: 94.6 mm. at GFL Charles Airport: 158.6 mm.
Sunset today: 5:57 pm. Sunrise tomorrow: 5:53 am.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
Winds will be blowing from between the east northeast and southeast near 12 mph or 19 km/h, becoming lighter at times.
Weather: Apart from a few showers during the early afternoon it will be generally fair for the rest of today and tonight. A few cloudy periods with showers are expected during the day tomorrow.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
Tides for Castries Harbour: High at 2:17 pm… Low at 7:28 pm.
Tides for Vieux Fort Bay: High at 3:24 pm… Low at 8:55 pm.
Seas: Slight with waves 2 to 5 feet or 0.6 to 1.5 metres.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
Fair to partly cloudy skies with a few scattered showers.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
A low-level shear line will cause a few brief showers over the Eastern Caribbean islands during the early afternoon.
A tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles is expected to cause a few cloudy periods with showers over the islands tomorrow.
Another tropical wave located over the eastern tropical Atlantic is moving westward at about 12 mph or 19 km/h.
… TROPICAL STORM KAREN DRIFTING SLOWLY AWAY FROM OUR REGION…
At 11:00 am today, the centre of Tropical Storm Karen was located near latitude 26.6 north, longitude 63.3 west or about 405 miles or 650 kilometres south-southeast of Bermuda. Karen is moving toward the north-northeast near 14 mph or 22 km/h with maximum sustained winds of 45 mph or 75 km/h. Karen is expected to weaken by the weekend, and Karen to become a remnant low by Sunday.
…LORENZO BECOMES A CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE…
At 11:00 am today, the centre of Hurricane Lorenzo was located near latitude 15.4 north, longitude 40.2 west or about 1400 miles or 2250 kilometres east of the Lesser Antilles. Lorenzo is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph or 20 km/h. Lorenzo is forecast to turn toward the northwest later today and this motion is expected to continue through Friday. A turn toward the north is expected Friday night and Saturday.
Maximum sustained winds are near 130 mph or 215 km/h, with higher gusts.
Additional strengthening is possible today, and changes in intensity are expected over the next day or two.
Hurricane Lorenzo is expected to remain over the central Atlantic Ocean, well east of the Lesser during the next five days.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM