Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Another Saint Lucian creative artist has received international acclaim. Local artist and designer Christine Samuel did it big for Saint Lucia by capturing the CARIBBEAN STYLE & CULTURE AWARD OF “EXCELLENCE- FASHION INNOVATION” at the 2018 Caribbean Style and Culture Awards, which was held in Washington D.C. on Saturday 30th June 2018.
The Caribbean Style and Culture Awards is an annual showcase of the best in Caribbean Fashion that is produced by the Washington based organization, Karib Nation Inc., in celebration of National Caribbean American Heritage Month in the United States. The highlight of the 2018 showcase was the presentation of major awards to seven designers, four top models, and one make-up artist in recognition for their sustained excellence in their work as part of the Caribbean Fashion Industry. Along with Christine from Saint Lucia the other awardees came from Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Guadeloupe, Guyana, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, and the British Virgin Islands.
Our Saint Lucian awardee, Christine Samuel was specifically recognized for her impressive productions under her own Christy Creations brand. Christine, who is more widely known for her many years creative excellence in the field of dance, has over the last four years been using her skills in the visual arts to produce original ladies bags that reflect vibrant Saint Lucian/Caribbean artistry and beauty. Every Christy Creations bag is individually hand-crafted, hand-painted and fashioned with selected accessories by Christine.
Her bags are today attracting increasing local and regional attention, and have been showcased on runways and in trade shows in Saint Lucia, Barbados, Suriname and the U.S.A. At the Awards Showcase in Washington, sixteen international models graced the stage modelling the bags from Christy Creations in front of a large audience that was vociferous in their appreciation of the stunning creations from Saint Lucia.
Christine’s presence and participation in the 2018 Caribbean Style and Fashion Awards was facilitated by support from the local Trade Export Promotional Agency (TEPA) and the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government. Christy Creations also places on record the invaluable assistance of colleague designer Lyn Bristol who introduced her to the Caribbean Style and Culture Awards.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM