Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Another Saint Lucian creative artist has received international acclaim. Local artist and designer Christine Samuel did it big for Saint Lucia by capturing the CARIBBEAN STYLE & CULTURE AWARD OF “EXCELLENCE- FASHION INNOVATION” at the 2018 Caribbean Style and Culture Awards, which was held in Washington D.C. on Saturday 30th June 2018.
The Caribbean Style and Culture Awards is an annual showcase of the best in Caribbean Fashion that is produced by the Washington based organization, Karib Nation Inc., in celebration of National Caribbean American Heritage Month in the United States. The highlight of the 2018 showcase was the presentation of major awards to seven designers, four top models, and one make-up artist in recognition for their sustained excellence in their work as part of the Caribbean Fashion Industry. Along with Christine from Saint Lucia the other awardees came from Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Guadeloupe, Guyana, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, and the British Virgin Islands.
Our Saint Lucian awardee, Christine Samuel was specifically recognized for her impressive productions under her own Christy Creations brand. Christine, who is more widely known for her many years creative excellence in the field of dance, has over the last four years been using her skills in the visual arts to produce original ladies bags that reflect vibrant Saint Lucian/Caribbean artistry and beauty. Every Christy Creations bag is individually hand-crafted, hand-painted and fashioned with selected accessories by Christine.
Her bags are today attracting increasing local and regional attention, and have been showcased on runways and in trade shows in Saint Lucia, Barbados, Suriname and the U.S.A. At the Awards Showcase in Washington, sixteen international models graced the stage modelling the bags from Christy Creations in front of a large audience that was vociferous in their appreciation of the stunning creations from Saint Lucia.
Christine’s presence and participation in the 2018 Caribbean Style and Fashion Awards was facilitated by support from the local Trade Export Promotional Agency (TEPA) and the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government. Christy Creations also places on record the invaluable assistance of colleague designer Lyn Bristol who introduced her to the Caribbean Style and Culture Awards.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM