Share This On:
LIME contributed lunch bags, water bottles and other goodies to students of the Carmen Rene Memorial special education class during their recent Christmas treat.
Teacher Ameina Storey-Philip had wanted to give her 11 students a really special treat, and decided to throw them a Christmas party as a reward for all their hard work throughout the first term, where improved performance was seen across the board.
The party was held at the school, co-sponsored by Cook Up Restaurant, which prepared lunch for the kids. Soca superstar Ambi joined the celebration, entertaining the youngsters with some of his uptempo hits.
“My kids have worked hard this term and I am extremely proud of them. Every child has improved by eight grades and more from last term. One of them moved from a 6.3 % to 27 %. I thought it was important to recognise their efforts,” Philip said.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019