Share This On:
Saint Lucia and the caribbean’s leading telecommunications firm LIME copped seven awards, including six gold, at the recently-held American Advertising Awards (ADDY Awards) 2014.
Topping the list was the company’s LIME Talk EZ ‘Hollywood’ television commercial that won the Judges Choice Top Overall Award for non-traditional advertising, and is starred by LIME Jamaica brand ambassadors Pretty Boy Floyd and comedic duo Ity & Fancy Cat. The same television commercial also won gold in the regional competition in the same category.
LIME also received gold awards for the ‘What a Time’ music video featuring Dancehall star Konshens and Miami-based singer Tosh in the category for branded content and for its mobile internet 30-second commercial, featuring media personality Kruddy.
LIME mined more gold awards in the Integrated Campaign category for its captivating ‘Talk EZ One Rate’ and ‘LIME Christmas Mission’ advertising campaigns, launched in June and November 2013, respectively.
Additionally, LIME collected a silver award for its ‘Eyegasmic’ LIME TV television commercial aired in Barbados and the Cayman Islands.
Commenting on the achievement, Carlo Redwood, LIME’s vice president of marketing said that: “As we continue to affirm our position as the champion of value for telecoms, we have also been able to deliver engaging communication that has garnered fantastic results for us as a brand.”
“The overwhelming response from our customers is evidenced by the numerous persons who have made the switch to LIME and we thank our agency partners, Advertising & Marketing Ltd. for their great work,” Redwood added.
The awards seek to recognise and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising and is the industry’s largest and most representative competition attracting over 40,000 entries every year.
LIME’s awards were presented for submissions in the Caribbean region. Gold and silver awards advance to the District ADDYs and the US National competition later this year. This is the second consecutive year LIME advertising has won awards.
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director
- Digicel’s US$1.7-billion debt restructuring deal amounts to default: Moody’s
- Export Saint Lucia, gov’t say local businesses experience growth after overseas Mission
- WLBL and SLD urge Saint Lucian consumers to drink responsibly