Share This On:
LIAT is working with the Barbados Red Cross Society to send cases of canned goods, bottled water, diapers, milk, formula and cereal, toiletries and other needed emergency supplies to the persons affected by last week’s severe flooding.
“Whatever it takes, we will do it to get urgent relief to our brothers and sisters in St. Lucia,” stated Jean Holder, chairman of the board of directors of LIAT, who has asked airline staff to help provide emergency assistance for those affected in Dominica, St. Lucia and St. Vincent.
Director General of the Barbados Red Cross Society Edmond Bradshaw said his organisation is “very grateful for the support of LIAT, its chairman and staff for the excellent support they have given us to help the victims of the floods in St. Lucia.
“LIAT has always exhibited goodwill to the Red Cross and to the people of the Caribbean and we compliment them on another valiant effort to help those affected in St. Lucia,” he said.
LIAT’s airlift went out yesterday.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019