Share This On:
ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – LIAT wishes to advise that due to a tropical wave in the area, it has been forced to cancel certain flights tomorrow August 22.
The affected flights are:
· LI 521 – Tortola/St. Maarten/St. Kitts
· LI 540 – St. Kitts/St. Maarten/St. Thomas
· LI 541 – St. Thomas/Anguilla
The new routings will be as follows:
· LI 521 – St. Kitts/Antigua
· LI 540 – Antigua/St. Kitts – New departure time: 8:00am
· LI 640 – Antigua/St. Maarten/Anguilla – New departure time: 10:00am
· LI 541 – Anguilla/St. Kitts/Antigua – New departure time: 11:35am
Passengers travelling tomorrow are asked to contact the LIAT Call Centre from Antigua – 1-268-480-5582; toll free from the rest of the Caribbean – 1-888-844-5428 and from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands – 1-866-549-5428 for information on the status of their flights.
Customers affected by the disruptions who wish to rebook for a later date will be allowed to do so without change fees or fare differences for a period of one week from the date of their original scheduled travel. Following the one-week grace period, passengers will be required to pay applicable fare and change fees when re-booking.
LIAT also wishes to advise that passengers who decide to travel but are unable to complete their journey due to disruption caused by weather conditions, will not be provided with meals, transportation, hotel accommodation etc. Passengers with onward connections are advised to contact the respective carriers.
LIAT regrets any inconvenience caused as a result of the cancellations. Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our passengers and crew.
Passengers are advised to continue monitoring radio stations and www.liat.com for further updates.
More Weather/Natural Disaster Stories
- Saint Lucia under flood warning October 30, 2019
- Earthquake felt in Saint Lucia, Dominica and Martinique: report October 7, 2019
- Saint Met. Services staff undergo training October 4, 2019
- Medics in the Bahamas overwhelmed by the smell of dead bodies: report September 22, 2019
- Trinidad, Grenada now under warning over Tropical Storm Karen September 22, 2019