Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Local Government Authority is one that ensures that Local Authorities are efficient, transparent, democratic, accountable and sustainable.
On Thursday September 14th, 2017 the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government held a consultation for all Local Government Officers (LGO’s).
One major undertaking of the consultation is legislative review of Saint Lucia’s Local Authority System and to ensure that legislation is responsive to current issues.
Donovan Williams is the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government: “Today’s activity gives us an opportunity to engage all Local Government Officers. They have had an opportunity to review the documents and so I am looking forward to questions being asked and suggestions being made. The Office of the Attorney General is represented to clarify any part of the legislation that is not understood.”
The Workshop was held at the Conference room of the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government.
More General Stories
- SRDF honors centenarian January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service – Mr. Cassius “Cassie Boom” Glasgow January 23, 2020
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020
- PM Chastanet wishes Saint Lucians a prosperous new year January 2, 2020