Share This On:
(SNO) – L’Express des Îles will be suspending all operations between Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique and Saint Lucia due to heavy swells and dangerous seas.
The suspension will be in effect between January 10 and 14.
A resumption of schedule is expected for Wednesday, January 15 if sea conditions allow.
The company said that the schedule between Guadeloupe and Marie-Galante will be maintained for the time being, with the exception of mid-day rotations, i.e. at 12 noon from Grand-Bourg and 1:15 p.m. from Pointe-à -Pitre and rotations on Sunday, January 12 from 6:30 p.m. from Grand-Bourg and 7:30 p.m. from Pointe-à-Pitre.
It said the suspension is being implemented to ensure passenger safety.
Weather forecasters have said the region will be affected by heavy seas due to a strong surface high pressure that is building north of the area.
It is expected to produce strong easterly winds of close to 30 mph, and because of that, waves of up to 12 feet or more are expected across the region beginning on Thursday.
These conditions are expected to continue into next week.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM