Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s Levern Spencer spent CARICOM Day, July 4, 2018, in the Finnish town of Joensuu, the latest stop on the Motonet Grand Prix (GP) Series.
Motonet GP Joensuu is part of the European Athletics Area Permit meeting series.
At the Joensuu Games, Levern edged out breakthrough 19-year-old hometown girl Ella Junnila on countback at 1.92, a huge PB for the Finn from a previous 1.85, in the women’s high jump.
Another Finn, Elina Smolander was a distant third.
The Caribbean’s top female high jumper registered another mark over 1.90m, clearing 1.92m on her second attempt.
The 2018 Commonwealth champion is ranked the top six in the world for this year, and will represent Saint Lucia at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Colombia later this month.
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM