Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s Levern Spencer spent CARICOM Day, July 4, 2018, in the Finnish town of Joensuu, the latest stop on the Motonet Grand Prix (GP) Series.
Motonet GP Joensuu is part of the European Athletics Area Permit meeting series.
At the Joensuu Games, Levern edged out breakthrough 19-year-old hometown girl Ella Junnila on countback at 1.92, a huge PB for the Finn from a previous 1.85, in the women’s high jump.
Another Finn, Elina Smolander was a distant third.
The Caribbean’s top female high jumper registered another mark over 1.90m, clearing 1.92m on her second attempt.
The 2018 Commonwealth champion is ranked the top six in the world for this year, and will represent Saint Lucia at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Colombia later this month.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM