Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s Levern Spencer spent CARICOM Day, July 4, 2018, in the Finnish town of Joensuu, the latest stop on the Motonet Grand Prix (GP) Series.
Motonet GP Joensuu is part of the European Athletics Area Permit meeting series.
At the Joensuu Games, Levern edged out breakthrough 19-year-old hometown girl Ella Junnila on countback at 1.92, a huge PB for the Finn from a previous 1.85, in the women’s high jump.
Another Finn, Elina Smolander was a distant third.
The Caribbean’s top female high jumper registered another mark over 1.90m, clearing 1.92m on her second attempt.
The 2018 Commonwealth champion is ranked the top six in the world for this year, and will represent Saint Lucia at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Colombia later this month.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM