Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s Levern Spencer spent CARICOM Day, July 4, 2018, in the Finnish town of Joensuu, the latest stop on the Motonet Grand Prix (GP) Series.
Motonet GP Joensuu is part of the European Athletics Area Permit meeting series.
At the Joensuu Games, Levern edged out breakthrough 19-year-old hometown girl Ella Junnila on countback at 1.92, a huge PB for the Finn from a previous 1.85, in the women’s high jump.
Another Finn, Elina Smolander was a distant third.
The Caribbean’s top female high jumper registered another mark over 1.90m, clearing 1.92m on her second attempt.
The 2018 Commonwealth champion is ranked the top six in the world for this year, and will represent Saint Lucia at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Colombia later this month.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM