Share This On:
Levern Donaline Spencer is set to be Saint Lucia’s sole representative to the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019.
Spencer, the two-time reigning Pan Am women’s high jump champion, is a previous World Championships finalist.
One other Saint Lucian had qualified for the meet. But teenager Julien Alfred ended her season early through injury after setting national women’s records in the 100m and 200m.
Pan Am bronze medallist in men’s javelin throw, Albert Reynolds, narrowly missed out despite producing another career-best mark.
The IAAF today confirmed that more than 1,900 athletes from 209 teams will be in action in the Qatari capital between September 27 and October 6.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM