Share This On:
Levern Donaline Spencer is set to be Saint Lucia’s sole representative to the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019.
Spencer, the two-time reigning Pan Am women’s high jump champion, is a previous World Championships finalist.
One other Saint Lucian had qualified for the meet. But teenager Julien Alfred ended her season early through injury after setting national women’s records in the 100m and 200m.
Pan Am bronze medallist in men’s javelin throw, Albert Reynolds, narrowly missed out despite producing another career-best mark.
The IAAF today confirmed that more than 1,900 athletes from 209 teams will be in action in the Qatari capital between September 27 and October 6.
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- Saint Lucia public urged to be vigilant as hurricane season officially begins
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia to re-open school for Grade 6 and Form 5 students on June 3
- FirstCaribbean hit by 316 per cent decrease in net income
- Trinidad resumes almost all economic activity
- George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US
- ‘Saint Lucia will reopen its borders this week to visitors and nationals’
- Third tropical system may develop before Atlantic Hurricane Season officially starts