Share This On:
(AP) – NBA star LeBron James, rapper Diddy and other artists have responded with outrage to an advertising image by retailer H&M showing a black child in a sweatshirt with the words “Coolest monkey in the jungle.”
The retailer has apologized and removed the image, but not before the ad was widely challenged Tuesday on social media as being racist and inappropriate.
James posted a refreshed image showing the model wearing a crown. Diddy posted an image with a sweatshirt revised to read “Coolest king in the world.”
Singer The Weeknd, who has a clothing line at the retailer, says he was “shocked and embarrassed” by the photo and that he would end his ties with the company.
More International News Stories
- Decorated Marine veteran wrongly held by ICE will get $190K payout November 18, 2019
- Deputy tackles teen quadruple amputee in group home November 18, 2019
- Man proposes to girlfriend while surfing — and drops the ring November 18, 2019
- Revolting passenger puts feet on airplane headrest in horrifying photo November 18, 2019
- Florida woman bit boyfriend’s penis ‘out of frustration’: cops November 18, 2019
- Mom’s sleep plan backfires as boy bonds with ‘creepy’ mannequin head November 18, 2019