The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) has announced, that except for vacation leave, all leave is cancelled for police officers as Tropical Storm Chantal approaches St. Lucia and other islands in the Lesser Antilles.
According to a press release from the Police Press Office, the decisions take immediate effect. They are as follows:
* All leave is cancelled for Special Services Unit and Marine Personnel from 10 pm today’s date. All should report to their respective bases.
* Special Services Unit officers in Soufriere and surrounding communities should report to the Soufriere Police Station.
* Special Services Unit officers in Laborie, Choiseul and Vieux Fort should report to the Vieux Fort base.
* Special Services Unit officers in Dennery should report to the Dennery Police Station.
* SSU officers in Castries and surrounding communities should report to the base in La Toc, Castries.
* This does not apply to Special Services Unit and Marine officers on vacation leave.
* Leave is also cancelled for all other officers of the RSLPF who are not on vacation leave. All should report to the nearest police station at 6 am on July 9, 2013.
* Please walk with a change of clothes and other necessary items.
* All departments should ensure that vehicles are fueled. The garage will remain opened until 7pm this evening to facilitate fueling.
Police Commissioner Vernon Francois was among senior government officials who attended a “pre-strike meeting” of the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) on Monday morning. The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Dr. Kenny D. Anthony.