Share This On:
(SNO) – Members of the legal fraternity in Jamaica are mourning attorney Nordraka Williams-Burnett who was stabbed to death by her husband at their West Kirkland Heights apartment on Thursday, Dec. 13, according to the Jamaica Observer.
Police said her husband, who is in his 30s, is a member of the Jamaica Defence Force and was being treated for depression, the Observer reported.
Neighbours contacted the police after events at the couples home in the early hours of the morning aroused their suspicion, the Observer stated.
When police arrived, they realised the military man had locked himself in a room. When the lawmen forced their way into the room, they found the wife’s body on a bed with multiple stab wounds, according to the Observer.
The couple’s two children – eight and three years old – were reportedly at the apartment during the incident. They were removed from the home and their father taken into custody.
Quoting the police, the Observer further reported that Williams-Burnett was head of conveyance at a law firm operated by well-known attorney Christopher Townsend.
The JDF offered condolences to the affected in a press release.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Flow warns of online fraud targeting customers November 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman raped five times November 20, 2019
- Jamaica: Man living in cave asking for help November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman says she can see death November 19, 2019
- Crocodile bites beachgoers in Jamaica November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: ‘Duppy house’ in Spanish Town destroyed by fire November 19, 2019
- Mother says Jamaican gov’t should help with her triplets November 19, 2019