Share This On:
(SNO) – Members of the legal fraternity in Jamaica are mourning attorney Nordraka Williams-Burnett who was stabbed to death by her husband at their West Kirkland Heights apartment on Thursday, Dec. 13, according to the Jamaica Observer.
Police said her husband, who is in his 30s, is a member of the Jamaica Defence Force and was being treated for depression, the Observer reported.
Neighbours contacted the police after events at the couples home in the early hours of the morning aroused their suspicion, the Observer stated.
When police arrived, they realised the military man had locked himself in a room. When the lawmen forced their way into the room, they found the wife’s body on a bed with multiple stab wounds, according to the Observer.
The couple’s two children – eight and three years old – were reportedly at the apartment during the incident. They were removed from the home and their father taken into custody.
Quoting the police, the Observer further reported that Williams-Burnett was head of conveyance at a law firm operated by well-known attorney Christopher Townsend.
The JDF offered condolences to the affected in a press release.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Vendors using obeah to get sales February 28, 2020
- Statement from Jamaica on coronavirus February 28, 2020
- Jamaica: School bus operator charged with rape, grievous sexual assault February 27, 2020
- Cruise ship turned away by Jamaica amid virus fears docks in Mexico February 27, 2020
- Jamaican is Forbes’ Employee of the Year worldwide February 27, 2020
- Jamaica: Man who was on most wanted list freed of murder February 26, 2020
- Jamaica: Seven cops in traffic accidents in five days February 26, 2020