Share This On:
(GIS) – The Cultural Development Foundation (CDF), is gearing up to hold the 2019 December Festivals under the theme “A Creole Christmas.”
CDF’s Executive Director Raymona Henry-Wynne explained that the December Festivals mark a period of unity in communities as it brings people together.
In order to fulfil the mandate, the CDF will partner with a number of organizations, including the Castries City Council and Peter and Company Distribution. This year, the Office of the Mayor will be sponsoring a prize for one of the categories of the lantern competition for secondary school students—the People’s Choice Lantern Competition. Peter and Company Distribution (PCD) is a new partner in the December Festivals this year and has also introduced a new category.
A number of schools including secondary schools are expected to participate in the lantern festival, which will include a training and development component.
The December Festivals was launched on Nov. 21, and is scheduled to commence with the Festival of Carols on Dec. 1.
More GIS News Stories
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Government to improve e-services December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- CARICOM decision promotes industry in less developed nations December 3, 2019
- Prime Minister tours forensic lab December 3, 2019
- Government project to protect historical assets November 27, 2019
- Improving the school feeding initiative November 27, 2019
- Saint Lucia-Taiwan Tradeshow opens Friday November 27, 2019
- Gender Equality Workshop November 26, 2019