Share This On:
Travel and Leisure Magazine has featured Ladera Resort as the number five best hotels in the region and one of the top hotels in the world.
The magazine said:
“While the open-walled rooms and mountainside perch are not for the faint of heart, the 32-cottage resort has some of the most astonishing vistas of any resort in the Caribbean.
You’ll wake up to St. Lucia’s twin Piton hills—massive green mounds that emerge 2,400 feet high from the teal ocean—and you’ll dine eye level with them, too, at the excellent Dasheene restaurant.
While every room is open air, cooled only by breeze and ceiling fans, their tiered arrangement on the hillside ensures privacy.
Wooded interiors and mosquito-netting lend an authentic, cabin-in-the-sky vibe, and the stunning stargazing from the private pool is surreally romantic.
With no electronic amenities (televisions, phones), this is an escapist’s dream.”
Ladera opened in November 1992 and has since been distinguished by a wide range of international publications, awards and accolades.
Ladera is the only resort in St.Lucia located on the UNESCO World Heritage Site, overlooking the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea. It is located on the Soufriere Volcano.
CLICK TO READ MORE:
More Tourism Stories
- Saint Lucia tourism records best August ever October 14, 2019
- Seven Saint Lucian resorts make coveted international list October 11, 2019
- Saint Lucia voted #8 in Caribbean and Atlantic October 8, 2019
- Sandals promotes Saint Lucia as a key golfing destination September 27, 2019
- Saint Lucia named one of the ‘world’s most beautiful islands’ by CNN September 24, 2019