Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Independence 40 fever is in the air as Saint Lucia gets set to observe its 40th independence anniversary on February 22 with activities throughout 2019.
Besides the national events spearheaded by the Independence 40 Planning Committee, numerous other organizations, schools, communities and groups, both here and abroad, have listed several events and activities on the official Independence 40 calendar at www.independence.lc
One such activity is the Mr. and Ms. Laborie Primary Schools Independence Pageant. This event will be held on the Laborie Court on Saturday, January 26, 2018 from 2 p.m.
Proceeds from the event will go towards graduation expenses and a Duplo duplicating and printing machine.
The young contestants, who have been busy preparing for the big day, will make four appearances come show time. These will include an introductory piece, professional wear, talent, creative evening wear and interview. The theme for Independence 40, “All In, Our Journey Our Future”, will thread through the event, which will feature a number of guest performances.
The four girls and four boys participating in the pageant are: Jheanne’ Divine Le Compte, Keithney Joseph, Zadee Chicot, Anita Mathurin, Lebus Estaphane, Derrell Albert, Trevon Auguste and Ashtan Jn Baptiste.
The public is invited to come out and support this event and tickets are EC$10 adults and EC$5 for children. Eats and drinks will be on sale.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM