Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Independence 40 fever is in the air as Saint Lucia gets set to observe its 40th independence anniversary on February 22 with activities throughout 2019.
Besides the national events spearheaded by the Independence 40 Planning Committee, numerous other organizations, schools, communities and groups, both here and abroad, have listed several events and activities on the official Independence 40 calendar at www.independence.lc
One such activity is the Mr. and Ms. Laborie Primary Schools Independence Pageant. This event will be held on the Laborie Court on Saturday, January 26, 2018 from 2 p.m.
Proceeds from the event will go towards graduation expenses and a Duplo duplicating and printing machine.
The young contestants, who have been busy preparing for the big day, will make four appearances come show time. These will include an introductory piece, professional wear, talent, creative evening wear and interview. The theme for Independence 40, “All In, Our Journey Our Future”, will thread through the event, which will feature a number of guest performances.
The four girls and four boys participating in the pageant are: Jheanne’ Divine Le Compte, Keithney Joseph, Zadee Chicot, Anita Mathurin, Lebus Estaphane, Derrell Albert, Trevon Auguste and Ashtan Jn Baptiste.
The public is invited to come out and support this event and tickets are EC$10 adults and EC$5 for children. Eats and drinks will be on sale.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM