Share This On:
La Toya Moffat was crowned Miss Saint Lucia World 2016 on Saturday, June 18 at the Bay Gardens Hotel in Rodney Bay, at the Miss World Saint Lucia Pageant.
The part time marketing consultant based in Los Angeles contended among five beauties, securing the highest points in the competition to be crowned the new Miss World Saint Lucia.
At the age of 15, Mofat launched her own non -profit cheer and dance Academy which is very successful to date, she is a current graduate of Hammersmith and West London School where she studied Business Law.
Moffat was born in St Lucia but raised in London. At An early age Latoya was adopted by her grandmother who has instilled in her the ideals of perseverance, principles, and values.
Her other passion includes anything under the umbrella media, journalism and the arts. In her spare time she enjoys writing, playing the piano, horseback-riding.
Last year she hosted her own radio show called “Diary of a Pageant Girl “, where she talked about everything pageantry and promoting a positive image and behaviour in young aspiring models.
She would like to use beauty with a purpose platform to work tirelessly to raise funds and bring awareness for her chosen charity “Raise your Voice St Lucia “a feminist organisation that exist to promote the needs and rights of women and girls who have experienced sexual violence.
First runner up went to Bebiana Mangal and securing second place was Tempa Cadette.
Moffat, 22, from Vieux Fort will represent St Lucia at the Miss World final in Denpasar, Indonesia.
More Entertainment Stories
- Juice Wrld given opioid antidote Narcan during his fatal seizure on jet December 10, 2019
- Rapper Juice WRLD is dead at 21 December 9, 2019
- Benje brings the Rum Junkie for Carnival 2020 November 29, 2019
- Shaping the image of Saint Lucian music November 28, 2019
- AMPP SLU sets sail November 27, 2019
- Show the World 2020 has been cancelled November 25, 2019
- Kartel, co-convicts want to go home for Christmas November 25, 2019