- VIOLENT DISORDER
(1) Where 3 or more persons present together use or threaten violence and their conduct taken together is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his or her personal safety, each of the persons using or threatening violence commits the offence of violent disorder.
(2) A person commits the offence of violent disorder only if he or she intends to use or threaten violence or is aware that his or her conduct may be violent or threaten violence.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1)—
(a) it is immaterial whether or not the 3 or more persons use or threaten unlawful violence simultaneously; and
(b) no person of reasonable firmness need be, or be likely to be present at the scene.
(4) An offence of violent disorder may be committed in a private or public place.
(5) A person who commits the offence of violent disorder is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment of 5 years.
“We, the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to encourage the citizenry to read and study the laws which governs our society. Never forget that knowledge is power”.