Did you know? According to section:
215. MAKING OFF WITHOUT PAYMENT
(1) Subject to subsection (3), a person who, knowing that payment on the spot for any goods supplied or service done is required or expected from him or her, dishonestly makes off without having paid as required or expected and with intent to avoid payment of the amount due commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for 3 years.
(2) For purposes of this section “payment on the spot” includes payment at the time of collecting goods on which work has been done or in respect of which service has been provided.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply where the supply of the goods or the doing of the service is contrary to law, or where the service done is such that payment is not legally enforceable.
(4) Any person may arrest without warrant anyone who is, or whom he or she, with reasonable cause, suspects to be, committing or attempting to commit an offence under this section.
“So spread the word to those who don’t know, that it is illegal for someone to walk away and not paying for goods or services”.