“Know you laws” is a production of the Press Office of the Royal St Lucia Police Force.
Did You Know?
According to section 16 “COMPELLABILITY: GOVERNOR GENERAL, ETC.” of the Evidence Act 2008
(1) The Governor General, or the Head of State of a foreign country is not compellable to give evidence.
(2) A member of the House of Assembly or Senate of Saint Lucia is not compellable to give evidence, if the member would thereby be prevented from attending—
(a) a sitting of the House of Assembly or the Senate of Saint Lucia or a joint sitting of the House of Assembly and Senate of Saint Lucia; or
(b) a meeting of a Committee of the House of Assembly or Senate of Saint Lucia.
17. COMPETENCE AND COMPELLABILITY: JUDGES AND JURORS
(1) A person who is acting as a judge or juror in proceedings is not competent to give evidence in the proceedings.
(2) A person who is or was acting as a judge in proceedings is not compellable to give evidence about the proceedings unless the court gives leave.
This has been “Know Your Laws”. We at the Royal Saint Lucia Police force encourage the citizenry to read and study the laws which governs our society. Never forget that knowledge is power.