Share This On:
(SNO) — It is the perception of some members of the Saint Lucian public that the shooting death of Kimberly Williams De Leon has become another cold case. However, a senior official of the Royal St. Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) is assuring the public that this is not so.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Wayne Charlery, who is responsible for crime and intelligence, told DBS that the investigation has not stopped and is appealing for patience from the public.
De Leon, a mother of two, was gunned down in her home at Chef Harry Drive, The Morne in Castries on Oct. 29, 2018. She died from a single gunshot wound to the head, according to the post-mortem. Her children were at home at the time of the shooting but were unharmed. De Leon, an accountant in the Ministry of Education, was 42 years old. Her ex-husband, a senior cop, was a person of interest in the case, but not a suspect, according to police officials.
According to a DBS news report, Charlery said the public is not hearing from the police on the case because the silence is a “strategic move” and the “case remains open”.
The senior cop made reference to the killings of a Trinidadian and a Venezuelan in 2017, for which a Saint Lucian national was charged for, about one year later.
Fernel Sexius, also known as ‘Cookie’, was charged in December 20, 2018 with the murder of Vincente Jose Mendoza Pacheco, 26, of Venezuela and Richie S. Ramdass, 24, of Trinidad and Tobago, who were gunned down on December, 31, 2017 on the St. Jude Highway in Vieux-Fort.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM