Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Local Furniture and Electrical superstore Courts will be hosting the eighth annual Schools Reading competition on Wednesday November 16th 2106 in St. Kitts and Nevis.
The company hosted the National level of the competition on October 14th 2016 and saw eight finalists from the districts across the island competing for $2000 in cash plus $2000 for their school.
In the end, Ms Keyshawn Alphonse, student of the Soufriere Primary school wowed both audience and judges alike and was announced winner of the St. Lucia leg of the competition.
Miss Keyshawn Alphonse will represent St. Lucia at the OECS finals and will compete against winners from Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The Winner at the OECS finals will win an additional $5000 in cash plus $5000 for her school. 1st Runner Up will receive $3000 and 2nd Runner Up will receive $2000. All other participants will $1000 cash from Courts.
Each participant will also receive a laptop from the superstore and certificates of participation.
Keyshawn and her guardian as well as all the delegates from the OECS will be flown to St. Kitts and Nevis on Tuesday November 15th for the competition with all expenses paid by Courts.
The competition which begins at 2pm will be streamed LIVE online at http://www.sknvibes.com/welcome.cfm
The Management and Staff of Courts OECS would like to wish the best of thanks to Keyshawn as she goes on to represent St. Lucia with pride.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM