Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Keymanie Thomas was the centre of attention as the Grow Well Junior Golf Program held its 9th annual prize giving. The sixteen-year-old was one of several young golfers from the Gros Islet area honoured at the ceremony and exhibition at the Sandals Golf and Country Club.
This capped a highly successful year, which saw Grow Well juniors excelling in golf tournaments in Saint Lucia and overseas.
Sixteen-year old Keymanie retained his championship, fending off brilliant challenger 17-yearold Adrian Richelieu in tense 18-hole match. Lisa Daniel held firmly on to the trophy as Girls Champion with 14-year-old Celina Lubin as runner-up. Javid Volney won the Director’s award for most improved junior golfer while Isaac Sidoine was the clear choice for the prestigious Grow Well Cup, awarded to the golfer whose progress is significant and who consistently displays Grow Well’s core values of helpfulness, attentiveness, caring and sharing.
Eighteen Gros Islet junior golfers entertained their sponsors, supporters, family and teachers with an exciting exhibition of golf shots under the direction of international pro Regis Gustave and coaches Terry Verdant and Cliff Alcide. It was a show of precision with golf balls curving high in the skies!
Helen Gobat of TOGS presented medals to five juniors who participated with great success in local and international tournaments with sponsorship from TOGS. Paul Collymore, GM of The Landings remarked the discipline and progress of even the youngest golfers. Gros Islet Community Development Officer David Moise congratulated the Grow Well team for its commitment to raising the confidence and self esteem of Grow Well youth who have become the pride of the community. The Saint Lucia Golf Association was the main supporter of the annual session, with its well-earned prizes.
The Sandals Foundation is the principal year-long sponsor of this beneficial program which has introduced the game of golf to more than 150 children in Gros Islet communities.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM