Share This On:
(GIS) – The Ministry of Education, through the Saint Lucia Education Quality Improvement Project (EQUIP), has made systematic efforts to enhance the education sector with the aim of developing the country’s human resource, said Education Minister Hon. Dr. Gail Rigobert.
During the debate on the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure, the education minister noted that the Caribbean Development Bank had provided a loan of USD$6 million, and a grant of USD$0.7 million to undertake some critical intervention in the education sector. Dr. Rigobert said the overall objective is to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the education system, one that is responsive to the needs of diverse learners, and the demands of the labour market.
“The objective is the expansion, rehabilitation, and furnishing of selected institutions so as to improve the quality, relevance and effectiveness of instruction across the sector, including the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College,” she said.
The Government of Saint Lucia has secured resources to undertake a comprehensive infrastructural audit of the SALCC.
“The EQUIP also allows for the completion of designs, finalization of construction drawings, bidding documents, and construction supervision for SALCC. Overall, the project addresses the needs of the early childhood education sector, the tertiary sector, but very importantly, the project also addresses the needs of the vulnerable sub sector of special needs education.”
Meanwhile the education minister pointed out that upon the comprehensive infrastructural audit of schools including energy climate resilience audits, the Ministry of Education will make available the necessary financing to restore and rehabilitate the island’s schools.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM