Share This On:
6:00 am Weather Report
Date: 24th September 2019
Forecasters: Maclean Jn Baptiste
Present weather at Hewanorra Airport is cloudy with showers nearby.
Present weather at GFL Charles Airport is fair.
Present temperature at Hewanorra Airport is 28 °C or 82 °F.
Last night’s minimum temperature at Hewanorra Airport was 27 °C or 81 ° F.
Wind at Hewanorra Airport is blowing from the southeast at 13 mph or 20 km/h.
Rainfall in the 24-hour period that ended at 2:00 am today:
At Hewanorra Airport: nil.
Total rainfall for the month of September so far:
At Hewanorra Airport: 94.6 mm.
Sunset today: 5:58 pm.. Sunrise tomorrow: 5:53 am.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
Winds will be blowing from between the southeast and east-southeast near 16 mph or 26 km/h.
Weather: Fair skies, becoming cloudy at times with a few showers and a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
Tides for Castries Harbour: Low at present…. High at 12:59 pm.
Tides for Vieux Fort Bay: Low at 7:36 am… High at 02:06 pm.
Seas: Slight to Moderate with waves and swells 3 to 6 feet or 0.9 to 1.8 metres.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
Cloudy and breezy with scattered moderate to heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms over the northern Leeward Islands. Elsewhere, fair skies becoming cloudy at times with a few showers and a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
Moisture and instability trailing Tropical Storm Karen will continue to cause cloudiness, showers and possibly thunderstorms mainly over the Northern Lesser Antilles today.
…KAREN BECOMES A TROPICAL STORM AGAIN…
At 5:00 am today, the center of Tropical Storm Karen was located near latitude 16.8 north, longitude 65.8 west or about 110 miles or 180 kilometers south of San Juan Puerto Rico. Karen is moving toward the north near 7 mph or 11 km/h, and this general motion is forecast to continue today. On the forecast track, the center of Karen will pass over Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands today and then move over the Western Atlantic tonight and Wednesday.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 40 mph or 65 km/h, with higher gusts. Additional strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours.
Tropical storm warnings are in effect for the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Interests elsewhere in the Lesser Antilles should continue to monitor the progress of Karen.
A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic is moving westward near 12 mph or 19 km/h.
…LORENZO FORECAST TO BECOME A LARGE AND POWERFUL HURRICANE…
At 5:00 am today, the center of Tropical Storm Lorenzo was located near latitude 12.0 north, longitude 28.0 west and is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph or 26 km/h. This general motion with some decrease in forward speed is expected for the next couple of days, followed by a northwest turn on Thursday.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 65 mph or 100 km/h, with higher gusts. Lorenzo is forecast to become a hurricane later today and a major hurricane on Thursday. This system is expected to remain over the open Atlantic Ocean during the next five days.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM