Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Jorja Mederick who is the current number one Nationally ranked girls U14 & u16 player has qualified to compete in the Masters Final of the SR4 U16 Transitional Series in Trinidad & Tobago scheduled for 22nd-24th November, 2019. She will be competing against counterparts from Trinidad, Suriname, Barbados and Antigua & Barbuda.
Mederick is a form four student of the Leon Hess Comprehensive Secondary School. She is coached by Davis Cup icon Vernon Lewis.
Her qualification into this tournament was secured by her participation and performance in the COTECC regional tournaments for this year.
She recently represented St. Lucia at the U16 SR4 Team Championship where she partnered with Maxx William on the A team. She also competed in the St. Lucia leg of the U16 series placing 4th overall in the tournament. Earlier this year Mederick was the finalist at the Annual National independence Tennis Tournament making her the youngest finalist at this level and age category.
This tournament is a great initiative taken by SR4 to assist our juniors’ transition from under 14s to under 18s which is absolutely a big jump for the athletes. There are many incentives for the players who participate, ranking points, opportunity to win passes to tennis academies and educational forums.
The boy and girl with the most points accumulated as a result of their performance in their singles, doubles and mixed doubles events will receive a 1 week (non-live in) training scholarship to the Inspiration Academy located in Florida, USA.
The St. Lucia Tennis Association wishes to congratulate Miss Mederick on making the Masters Final and wish her every success at this tournament.
More Sports Stories
- DASH 2020 set for weekend launch January 21, 2020
- Hero CPL announces tournament’s economic impact on St Lucia January 21, 2020
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020