Share This On:
Saint Lucian allrounder Johnnel Eugene was the island’s Junior Cricketer of the Year in 2014. He led the national team to victory in the Windward Islands Under-15 Tournament, and was the top batsman in the West Indies Cricket Board age group competition.
Those feats have earned Johnnel selection to a West Indies Under-15 tour of England next month.
Though the team has not been officially announced as yet, Johnnel’s father was the recipient of a call Wednesday from the chairman of the West Indies youth selection committee, advising him to have his son pack his bags for the August trip.
In fact, Johnnel’s bags will already have been packed. He is currently with the Saint Lucia team competing at the Windward Islands Under-19 Tournament in Dominica.
This weekend he is off to Tobago, where he will be one of four Saint Lucians on the Windwards team in the West Indies Under-17 Tournament.
Johnnel is the son of former Sportsman of the Year and West Indies A team captain, John Eugene.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020
- Lewis hits undefeated 99 as Windies defeat Ireland January 8, 2020
- Evin Lewis hits undefeated 99 as West Indies defeat Ireland January 7, 2020