Share This On:
United Workers Party (UWP) candidate for Laborie has made it clear that there will be no feud over politics, with his daughter Jadia Jn Pierre, who is press secretary to the prime minister.
Jn Pierre has said that his daughter has a right to choose whichever party she wants to support and likewise he will chose whichever party he wishes to represent.
The UWP candidate said he knows of instances where many families support different political parties and they work and live peacefully among themselves and this is what he hopes will happen.
But Jn Pierre admitted that his daughter’s support for the ruling Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) may have come from her upbringing, because he too was at one time a strong supporter of the SLP.
The former president of the Southern Taxi Association has also expressed confidence in being able to secure a win for the UWP at the next elections and being able to create history in Saint Lucia.
Francisco Jn Pierre was selected as a candidate on Thursday evening (December 11) following a run-off.
Party leader Allen Chastanet described Jn Pierre as someone who is committed to the people of Saint Lucia.
When contacted for a comment on Sunday, December 13, the press secretary said she is currently on sick leave and is not in the best position to speak on the issue right away.
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020