Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — Prime Minister Andrew Holness has this morning expressed shock at the news of the killing of Opposition People’s National Party (PNP) Member of Parliament for Portland Eastern, Dr Lynvale Bloomfield.
Bloomfield was reportedly stabbed to death at his home at Paisley Gardens, Portland this morning .
Holness took to social media to express condolences to Bloomfield’s family, colleagues and friends.
“Despite being on the other side of the aisle we knew of his love for his constituents and Jamaica,” Holness said, adding that the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) family and Jamaica are now in mourning.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Don’t stereotype well-mannered boys as gay, Jamaican Minister pleads November 22, 2019
- Jamaican-born Dale Holness elected mayor of Florida county November 22, 2019
- Jamaica: 16 businesses charged for breaching plastic ban – NEPA November 22, 2019
- Jamaican man lands on US most wanted list for girlfriend’s murder November 22, 2019
- Jamaica: Flow warns of online fraud targeting customers November 21, 2019