Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — Sterling Castle St Andrew residents, angered by the murder of eight-year-old Shantae Skyers, yesterday afternoon set fire to a man killing him.
They have accused the man of being involved in the killing of the little girl.
Her decomposing body was found in bushes on Tuesday in a section of the community called Blue Hole.
She was reported missing five days after earlier after she failed to return home from school.
Before setting the man a blaze, a group of residents also beat him.
The man’s house was subsequently burned.
The dead man has not been identified.
Police personnel on the scene have declined to comment. One fire unit from Half-Way Tree responded to the blaze. In the meantime, the Red Hills Primary School has dubbed tomorrow ‘Black Thursday’.
It is urging people to wear black in memory of Skyers.
- Jamaica: Churchgoers warn of mark of the beast, new world order
- Tourists may need COVID ‘passport’ to visit Jamaica
- Officials expect rise in COVID-19 cases after over 200 Jamaicans return home
- Jamaica: Egg farmer kills 12,000 chickens to cut losses
- No infrastructure in Jamaica should be named after politicians – MP Everald Warmington
- Jamaican student turns to porn for income due to COVID-19 crisis
- Jamaica: Five bodies found in two shallow graves
- 100 recover from COVID-19 in Jamaica
- Stranded Jamaicans in Barbados lambast authorities for not assisting them