Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — Five Jamaicans were among 13 persons apprehended at sea in The Bahamas on Friday.
Officials report that officers of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force and the Immigration Department were patrolling about 5:00 p.m. in West End, Grand Bahama when they intercepted a vessel with persons aboard.
They say the group consisted of five Jamaicans, two Chinese, two Colombians, two Haitians, one Lithuanian and one Bahamian.
They are arrested and turned over to the Department of Immigration, Freeport for further processing.
They are expected to appear before the Magistrate’s Court this week.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: 186 years total for men convicted in beheading case December 12, 2019
- Jamaica: Mom convinced papaya leaf juice cured her son of dengue December 9, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019