Share This On:
The Jamaican has been named among world leaders, activists, artists and athletes, scientists, moguls and United States presidential hopefuls, in the list of the 100 Most Influential People of 2016 released yesterday.
Writing about Bolt, who was placed in the icon category, fellow Jamaican Ziggy Marley – son of late reggae legend Bob Marley – described the sprinter as a “light” and “a unifying force”.“Usain Bolt is a light.
There are a lot of things in Jamaica—and the world—that cause separation: politics, inequality, crime. But an entire generation can look up to Usain,” the Grammy Award-winning reggae artist wrote.
Marley went on to say that he sees many similarities between Bolt and his late father.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019
- SUPER50: Centurions Bravo, Solozano crush Volcanoes November 8, 2019
- SUPER50: Debutante Savory leads Guyana Jaguars to tight win November 8, 2019
- Super50: Pride take the sting out of Scorpions November 8, 2019
- Jamaican Olympic sprinter Michael Fray dies in apparent suicide November 7, 2019