Share This On:
(JAMAICA STAR) – Kari Douglas, councillor for the Trafalgar Division in South East St Andrew, has been charged for breaching the COVID curfew and disorderly conduct.
The incident reportedly happened last night.
According to reports, Douglas was driving along Meadowbrook Avenue in St Andrew around 9:28 p.m. when she was stopped by the police.
It is alleged that while being questioned, she became boisterous and hurled abusive language at the police.
Reports are that she was subsequently charged and later offered $20,000 station bail.
She is to appear before the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on May 6.
In a radio interview this morning, Douglas professed her innocence and denied the allegations.
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- Jamaica: Cockburn Gardens residents protest police killing
- Jamaica: Montego Bay airport prepares to welcome visitors
- Jamaica: Man who raped eight women had his sentence cut in half
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Fewer Jamaican teachers died since schools were closed says JTA president