Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — Senior detectives attached to the Major Investigation Division have been assigned to probe the killing of East Portland Member of Parliament Dr Lynvale Bloomfield, police officials have revealed.
Bloomfield’s body was found inside his home in Paisley Gardens, Portland, shortly after 10a.m. this morning.
Despite reports that the lawmaker was stabbed to death, law enforcement sources say the police are still trying to determine how he died.
Police sources say the body was found by one of his employees.
“Investigators are still at the house processing the [crime] scene,” said a source close to the investigation.
Deputy Superintendent Dahlia Garrick, who heads the police Corporate Communications Unit, confirmed that the Major Investigation Division is leading the probe.
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Fewer Jamaican teachers died since schools were closed says JTA president
- Jamaica records 10th COVID-19 death
- Jamaica: Seven people in prison for over 40 years each without trial — INDECOM
- Jamaican teen suicide shocks family
- Jamaica: Woman says pastor set “bloodsucking demons” on her family