Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — Senior detectives attached to the Major Investigation Division have been assigned to probe the killing of East Portland Member of Parliament Dr Lynvale Bloomfield, police officials have revealed.
Bloomfield’s body was found inside his home in Paisley Gardens, Portland, shortly after 10a.m. this morning.
Despite reports that the lawmaker was stabbed to death, law enforcement sources say the police are still trying to determine how he died.
Police sources say the body was found by one of his employees.
“Investigators are still at the house processing the [crime] scene,” said a source close to the investigation.
Deputy Superintendent Dahlia Garrick, who heads the police Corporate Communications Unit, confirmed that the Major Investigation Division is leading the probe.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Dengue Diary – My First Hand Experience With A Deadly Disease November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Lotto Scam Victim Still Owed Near US$400K November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Half the world’s women have a back-up man – study shows November 11, 2019
- CARICOM, CDB sign MoU that seeks to expand CSME November 9, 2019
- Jamaica: 359 people killed in road accidents November 9, 2019
- Jamaica: Main witness in case against accused gang leader killed November 9, 2019
- Jamaica: 4-year-old boy saves grandfather from burning house November 9, 2019