Share This On:
(JAMAICA STAR) – Fast-rising dancehall artiste, Quada is now in a police lock-up charged with murder and arson in relation to the 2019 mob killing of Miguel Williams.
Williams is the man whom, it is alleged, was involved in the rape and slaying of eight-year-old Shantae Skyers whose decomposing was found in a section of the Sterling Castle Heights community in April last year.
She had been missing for several days after she did not return home from school.
According to the constabulary’s Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), Quada, whose birth name is Shaquelle Clarke, was charged after a question and answer session with the Constant Spring Police.
The CCU also revealed that the entertainer, accompanied by his lawyer, turned in himself yesterday.
Quada who is best known on the entertainment circuit for his singles More Money More Life, New Gyal Alert and Hail.
He is the second person to be arrested and charged in relation to Williams’ murder.
In December, 30-year-old Andrew Breakcliffe of Sterling Castle Heights was also charged.
The STAR understands that a court date has not yet been set for the entertainer.
Efforts to get a comment from a member of his team were not successful.
More Caribbean Stories
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020