Share This On:
(BBC) — Jamaican distance runner Kemoy Campbell has been taken to hospital after collapsing during the men’s 3,000m at the Millrose Games in New York.
Campbell, 28, was acting as a pace-setter when he collapsed and fell into the infield after the second turn just beyond the 1,000m mark.
He was given medical attention by the side of the track and then carried out of the stadium on a stretcher.
Organisers did not immediately provide information on his condition.
According to reports, CPR was performed on Campbell and a defibrillator was used.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: 186 years total for men convicted in beheading case December 12, 2019
- Jamaica: Mom convinced papaya leaf juice cured her son of dengue December 9, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019