Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Sunday, March 29th Saint Lucian-American organization, Zandoli International Foundation met with NGO, Leave Out Violence in Saint Vincent (LOVNSVG) to partner with Jamaican reggae artist, Mr. Vegas and his foundation, Jamaica Men Against Rape (JMAR).
The meeting resulted in a strategic partnership with Mr. Vegas and his organization aboard the Caribbean Committee Against Sex Crimes.
CCASC is a collective of Caribbean organizations representing countries throughout CARICOM and OECS that are asking for the establishment of local and regional sex offender registries.
Mr. Vegas is well known for his social media advocacy and viral videos speaking out against child abuse and sexual assault.
The Jamaican entertainer is committed to participating in the CCASC’s request for a regional registry and a publicizing of Jamaica’s already established registry.
With a Facebook following of close to 700,000 fans, Zandoli and LOVSVG are confident that Mr. Vegas and his foundation’s involvement will serve to expand on their child molestation prevention initiatives and call on a greater participation from West Indians in the diaspora.
More General Stories
- SRDF honors centenarian January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service – Mr. Cassius “Cassie Boom” Glasgow January 23, 2020
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020
- PM Chastanet wishes Saint Lucians a prosperous new year January 2, 2020