Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Sunday, March 29th Saint Lucian-American organization, Zandoli International Foundation met with NGO, Leave Out Violence in Saint Vincent (LOVNSVG) to partner with Jamaican reggae artist, Mr. Vegas and his foundation, Jamaica Men Against Rape (JMAR).
The meeting resulted in a strategic partnership with Mr. Vegas and his organization aboard the Caribbean Committee Against Sex Crimes.
CCASC is a collective of Caribbean organizations representing countries throughout CARICOM and OECS that are asking for the establishment of local and regional sex offender registries.
Mr. Vegas is well known for his social media advocacy and viral videos speaking out against child abuse and sexual assault.
The Jamaican entertainer is committed to participating in the CCASC’s request for a regional registry and a publicizing of Jamaica’s already established registry.
With a Facebook following of close to 700,000 fans, Zandoli and LOVSVG are confident that Mr. Vegas and his foundation’s involvement will serve to expand on their child molestation prevention initiatives and call on a greater participation from West Indians in the diaspora.
More General Stories
- Blanchard Community Center to be rehabilitated October 13, 2019
- Meeting mom doesn’t always mean you’re ‘wifey’ October 12, 2019
- SLASPA conducts simulation exercise at Castries seaport October 10, 2019
- UN Climate Action Summit addresses the plight of SIDS October 1, 2019
- Saint Lucia Fire Service receives US$120,000 donation from Korea October 1, 2019