Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — James Johnson, a young minister of the popular Church of God of Prophecy at 41 Old Harbour Road in St Catherine was gunned down this evening while teaching a class at the church.
According to the police’s Corporate Communication Unit, Johnson, a 29 year-old pastor from Union Estate in the parish, was reportedly in the middle of teaching a class about 5:00 pm when a lone gunman entered and shot him several times.
There has, this evening, been an outpouring of grief on social media for Johnson who was reportedly the only son for his mother.
More Caribbean Stories
- BVI giving 100 citizens land to cultivate medical marijuana January 17, 2020
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Trinidad: Blue Waters appoints new CEO January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020
- Former Barbados government minister guilty of money laundering January 17, 2020