Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — James Johnson, a young minister of the popular Church of God of Prophecy at 41 Old Harbour Road in St Catherine was gunned down this evening while teaching a class at the church.
According to the police’s Corporate Communication Unit, Johnson, a 29 year-old pastor from Union Estate in the parish, was reportedly in the middle of teaching a class about 5:00 pm when a lone gunman entered and shot him several times.
There has, this evening, been an outpouring of grief on social media for Johnson who was reportedly the only son for his mother.
More Caribbean Stories
- Grenada: Bus conductor fined for defecating in public October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019