Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — Peta-Gay Ffrench, the woman accused of stealing a baby from Victoria Jubilee Hospital on January 8, pleaded guilty to the charge when she appeared in the Supreme Court a short while ago.
She is to be sentenced on September 19.
The 27-year-old woman, who is from Harkers Hall in St Catherine, was taken into custody on February 5 when she turned up at the Registrar General’s Department in Twickenham Park, St Catherine, attempting to register a baby.
A subsequent DNA test confirmed on February 7 that the baby belonged to a couple whose child was snatched from the hospital.
She was charged with child stealing on February 11.
More Jamaica News Stories
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019
- Jamaican Ameera Perkins in the midst of Kanye West’s mass choir October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Kanye West to bring Sunday Service music worship to Jamaica October 18, 2019
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019