Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) – The Department of Correctional Services says sanctions are to be laid against murder convict Adidja Palmer, better known as Vybz Kartel, following the seizure of contraband in his cell.
Penalties are also to be imposed against other inmates over similar recoveries.
The department says it was prompted to conduct a raid of cells after receiving reports that Kartel was involved in a live stream on a popular social media platform.
The matter is being investigated.
The department underscores that these actions are taken seriously and efforts are being made to limit a reoccurrence.
- Bisee fire victim wins Miguel “Eempey Slicker” Paul’s “Iyanola Challenge”
- Jamaican artiste Romeich treats 22 women for Mother’s Day
- Rapper 6ix9ine’s $200k donation to children’s charity rejected
- Johann “Yogi” Deterville: The island boy scribbling on the pages of pop music
- Millie Small: My Boy Lollipop singer dies aged 72
- Haiti based musician and producer Werley Nortreus received music award from Atlas Elite Entertainment
- Musical phenomenon Lagoon Wavey performs at online Jazz Festival Saint Lucia
- Dexta Daps released from police custody
- Motto donates to COVID-19 fight