Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) – The Earthquake Unit is reporting that sections of the Corporate Area were rattled by two minor quakes last night.
The unit says the first earthquake measured 3.2 on the Richter scale and hit around 9:06 p.m. with an epicentre located at approximately 6km south of Buff, Portland.
It had a focal depth of 4.3km and the unit said the quake was reportedly felt in Gordon Town and Manor Park.
More than an hour later, a 2.9 quake struck at 10:57 p.m and was located at approximately 8km south of Buff Bay, Portland.
The unit says the quake was reportedly felt in Chancery Hall, St Andrew and that it had a focal depth of 5.1km.
More Caribbean Stories
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020