Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – Detectives assigned to the St Catherine branch of the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) today disclosed that a teacher in that parish has been charged with having sex with a minor.
According to the agents, the primary school teacher was last Friday charged with the offence along with other breaches of the Sexual Offences Act such as indecent assault and grievous sexual assault.
Reports are that the accused, who teaches the complainant at a primary school in the parish, allegedly convinced the child to engage him in sexual activities on more than one occasion.
He is scheduled to appear before the St Catherine Parish Court on Friday to answer to the charges laid against him.
The police said his name is currently being withheld to facilitate further investigations.
This is the second such report in days. A St Thomas teacher was yesterday arrested and charged with a similar offence.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019